Hotel Elefant, the wine village Ora near Lake Caldaro, and the other villages along the Wine Road offer numerous events and opportunities to experience and enjoy South Tyrolean wines – the current weekly programme
is available in the hotel:
- Visits of wineries with wine tasting several times a week
- Wine tastings & wine seminars are organised several times a week; also visit at a distillery and a champagne producer
- Wine safari with visit of several wineries
- Guided tours through wine villages
- Visit of the eldest vine in South Tyrol
- Wine hikes
- Educational wine trails with interesting and educational stations
- Wine bike tours along the Wine Road with stops in wineries and cellars
- Wine Museum in Caldaro
- Wine hiking day: at Lake Caldaro programmed for the end of April
- South Tyrolean Pinot Noir Days: take place every year in Egna and Montagna.
- Pinot Noir meets culinary delights during the Pinot Noir Nights.
- The yearly International Gewürztraminer Symposium is dedicated to the Gewürztraminer white wine.
- The wines grown in Bassa Atesina play the main role at the Bassa Atesina Wine Tasting Days.
- The Wine Cellar Night is the highlight of the Wine Road Weeks in May/June. On this evening, more than 40 wineries keep their wine cellars open until late at night.
- Summa Magreid welcomes known winegrowers from all over the world in the village of Magrè.
- The Bolzano Wine Tasting event is a meeting point for all South Tyrolean wine producers.
- The Autochtona, organised within the framework of the Hotel Fair, is one of the most important events for autochthone and Italian wines. It takes place at the end of October.
- Vinitaly: the biggest Wine Fair in Europe takes place in Verona in April.