Ora near Lake Caldaro is a picturesque village at the South Tyrolean Wine Road in Bolzano & environs. Thanks to the excellent connection to the motorway and the railways, the most beautiful and interesting excursion destinations in South Tyrol can be easily reached.
- 5 minutes from our hotel you'll find Lake Caldaro, the warmest bathing lake in Europe
- Museum of Archaeology with the oldest Tyrolean, the over 5000 year old mummy from the ice - Ötzi.
- Reinhold Messner made his dream come true with the MMM – Messner Mountain Museums: 6 museums and 6 special places. Visit the main museum, the MMM in Firmiano near Bolzano.
- In the Wine Museum in Caldaro you will get to know everything about wine, wine growing and South Tyrolean wine traditions. The museum is located in a former winery with a cross vault dating back to 1693 and a deep cellar.
- Botany fans and garden lovers should visit the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle near Merano. A few years ago, the gardens were awarded as being the most beautiful gardens in the world. Furthermore, the Touriseum, a museum for tourism, is also located in this area.
- Alpe di Siusi is the biggest connected high-alpine pasture in Europe! Enjoy this nature idyll with Sciliar, Sasso Lungo and Sasso Piatto.
- From Bolzano you can take the cable cars to Bolzano di Sopra and from there the narrow gauge railway to Collalbo. Take a half-hour walk to the earth pyramids in Renon, the highest and most beautifully shaped pyramids in Europe.
- The Museum of Popular Culture exhibits furniture and commodities of a civil household in the 19th and 20th centuries. The museum is hosted in an historic building in the village centre of Egna.
- Experience history at Castelfeder along the Dürer trail, at Haderburg Castle, at numerous other castles, fortresses, convents, churches and chapels.
- Mart, Museum for Modern and Contemporary Art in Trento and Rovereto is one of the most important museums in Europe. Trento is only a 30-minute drive from the hotel.
- We highly recommend day excursions to Verona, to Lake Garda and to Venice. We are pleased to give advice or book a day excursion with a local bus operator.